active fitspo blog :)
active fitspo blog :)
hmmmmm this is a very intriguing question
You can go by house or you can go by character (Targs would be fire benders either way, that or non-benders: hello Viserys)
I love love love the idea of Rhaegar being the avatar and after his death no one knowing who the next one is
The Night’s Watch is comprised of all kinds of benders (water benders helped build and maintain the wall). They also had a high number of non-benders specializing in blocking bending, though that is now a dying art. Wildlings have mostly air and water benders… Which makes the Wall slightly more interesting and complicated (perhaps it acts as a barrier against bending, you can’t bend while being in contact with it, because of maaagic).
I can see the Starks being mostly water benders, however they get it from their mother(Tullys are water benders). This goes against what we know of the water tribe living where it’s cold etc but I just really fancy Ned, Arya and Jon being earth benders and Arya becoming a metal bender(even though they have a sword named ice, whatever). Sansa is definitely a water bender who learns to heal, Bran can move plants by using the water inside of them and access their memories, Rickon is a natural bloodbender and Robb is just a run of the mill water bender (sorry Robb).
The Baratheons are generally earth benders, Robert was a metal bender and Renly was a non-bender a fact which made Stannis even angrier that Robert gave him Storm’s End. Robert’s bastards are all exceptional earth benders and Gendry is a metal bender.
Martells are air benders, with a few fire benders popping up here and there. Doran is an air bender and while it’s known that air bending is mostly a defensive style, air can make a fire much stronger or snuff it out completely.
The Lannisters are non-benders. They don’t need bending they have money. Tywin married off Cersei (and was planning to marry her to the Avatar) so there could finally be a bender in the family. It would also not make it immediate apparent but still questionable that none of Cersei’s children can bend and add another layer to Joffrey’s daddy issues.
Tyrells as water benders, cause they just strike me as such. Loras can bloodbend without thinking and Margaery has a more calming, nurturing approach to her bending. Garland and Olenna don’t bend and Willas used to be a very powerful bender until Oberyn accidentally hurt him and also blocked his bending.
The Greyjoys could be air benders, despite the more obvious choice. After all, drowning has more to do with lack of air than it has with the presence of water. Also the supposed horn that exists makes me want to call them air benders even more. (I still haven’t convinced myself they shouldn’t be water benders btw but I like them as air benders.)
Melisandre is in contact with the spirit world and shows signs of being a fire bender. Davos is a water bender, he used mist to smuggle and it was how he managed to escape death on the Blackwater. Arryn is obviously an air bender… and that is all I can think of right now.
EDIT: forgot to mention that all wargs use energy/spirit bending to enter another body also more headcanons here
Game of Thrones and Avatar crossover. Beautiful
Chrys Watches GoT [x]
Star Wars Trilogy Posters - Created by Colin Morella
Stretches For A Flexible Back
Flexibility in your back is important for many sports, including gymnastics. Increasing your flexibility can only be accomplished over time and can be a very difficult or very easy task depending on your body type. All of these stretches have many names and are found in many disciplines, and they will all help increase your flexibility. I quickly run through all these stretches and boy do they feel good on the back.
1. Pike Stretch - Sit on the floor with legs straight in front of you. Lean forward and try to touch your toes. This stretches both the hamstrings, leg muscles, and the lower back. To make this more difficult, keep your back completely straight as you lean over.
2. Standing Pike Stretch -While standing erect, bend forward at the waist and reach towards the ground. Bend forward far enough to feel a comfortable stretch in the back and legs.
3. Camel Pose - While standing or kneeling with your feet (or knees) shoulder width apart push your hips forward and lean back until you feel a stretch. This can be done with or without supporting yourself with your hands.
4. Cat Stretch - Kneel with your arms on the floor in front of you shoulder width apart. Push your spine to the ceiling and hold, then push your spine down and lift your head.
5. Advanced Cat Stretch - Do an advanced cat stretch. Start as with the cat stretch, but slowly slide your arms forward on the mat while arching your back until you get your shoulders to touch the ground.
6. Seal Stretch - Lie on your stomach with your elbows bent and hands by your sides. Slowly straighten your arms and tilt your head back.
7. Basket Stretch - While on your stomach, bend your knees and reach behind you to grab your ankles. Lift up up with your arms and feet.
Don’t force your back to bend too far; it could cause major damage. Start off with small back stretches and work your way up. Stay safe!
It’s important to remember to begin stretching slowly to ensure your muscles don’t become too sore.
Make a goal for how flexible you want to become. When you achieve your goal, celebrate and set a new one.
Don’t push it. Your back isn’t going to become flexible over night.
Do exercises to strengthen and stretch your stomach muscles. Your back and stomach work together, so what you do for one will effect the other.
Not everyone has a very flexible back, practice frequently for 15 or 30 minute sessions.
Decide what stretches are best for you and how often you will do them. If you always do the same stretches every day it will get boring, change it up a bit and you will be more likely to continue.
Paint in Oil
It’s just so beautiful
oh honey :P
do not worry, i have no hate in my heart for old bulby.
i’ve only played pokemon once, started as squirtle (and named it myrtle) and had a hell of a good time
but dany would want charmander and since it’s considered canon that she prefers fire to mud even though mud is better (albeit from someone else’s pov) i thought it a pretty good, in-character choice (yes this was asoiaf/pokemon meta you are welcome)